With Eyes Like Mine (Brendon)
I saw death in your eyes
A pale green void
Fixated on something
Much too far away
You just went dark
The lights went out with eyes wide open
Sitting then slumping in a chair
My fingers jerked you by your hair
Get up motherfucker
Get up
I didn't sign up for this
But I am the president of this
How can I not see
What's clearly in front of me
I am desperately more naive
Then I ever claim to be
Your vacant eyes will haunt
My fitful dreams tonight
I left you there unconscious on the floor
I can only hope you are alright
I am sorry that you lied
And I was just dumb enough
Too good to be true
You called your own bluff
A pale green void
Fixated on something
Much too far away
You just went dark
The lights went out with eyes wide open
Sitting then slumping in a chair
My fingers jerked you by your hair
Get up motherfucker
Get up
I didn't sign up for this
But I am the president of this
How can I not see
What's clearly in front of me
I am desperately more naive
Then I ever claim to be
Your vacant eyes will haunt
My fitful dreams tonight
I left you there unconscious on the floor
I can only hope you are alright
I am sorry that you lied
And I was just dumb enough
Too good to be true
You called your own bluff
Comments
Post a Comment