Unfortunately

Unfortunately I am a poet
I can have whole relationships 
Written inside my head
Without your want or permission

I see the worst at their best
And turn them into poetry
Write whatever it is
That I want them to say

I can bring a tear to your eye
When all you want to do is laugh
Unfortunately I write poems
For people who don’t even read them

A romancer with a pen and paper 
When love has been nothing
But a lie in my life

I don’t worry about what may
Fall from my mind to my hand
Because it is all written in truth
There is no deceit in me

I don’t need secret messages 
To get my sharpest points across
You ruin your own lives 
Without any of my knives 

Unfortunately I’m not afraid
To look stupid 
After all I was married once 
My wedding night an epitaph 

One day I might just write about 
Something you did
And let it be seen
By 50,000 people 

Unfortunately for you 
My whisper
Is now a roar
And I have eyes on my words

I know how to make people listen

I reign over 
My metaphorical threats
They all end up scared of me
When they should be scared of themselves 

Unfortunately I am a poet
I feel it all
And I wouldn’t change
A single damn thing about me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ten Word Tuesday "I"

MiseryMate

Closeted