Acceptance

How many times did I tell you that I wanted to write a book while we were together those 14 years? Since you've been gone this past year and a half, I have written 2 plus more. Buying me a laptop was not the encouragement I needed. Leaving me to simmer in my sorrow was not the way to do it. When you shattered the lightbulb and turned the light out, I switched it back on and can see myself more clearly in this new flattering light. I can also see what's in front of me. Infidels and their infidelity. She is ratchet. I am hammer. So, while I may still be as salty as the Dead Sea, and probably always will be, I suppose I should thank you for teaching me that snakes and sheep dress alike. Thank you for returning me to me. Grazie for your brightness, because it did so used to shine. I hope you find your spark again, but I am no longer your lighter fluid. Thank you for this Renaissance. Grazie for stepping up financially when you no longer could emotionally. Thank you or the pieces of you that will always remain with me.
Thank you
Grazie
But no Gracias

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

Merchants Tire and Auto

60