Pittance of Pity

Putrid illness trickles down my leg
Dripping disease
From every stagnant pore
Infection feeds on me
Devouring from the inside out

So your pity
Is less than a pittance
I've taken from you all that I need
I can retract like I never existed 
Your less than divine transmittance
Helped sharpen the tools 
I already had in my box 

Commiseration loves misery
Reflect that upon yourself
I am pitiful all alone
Condole with your heartless own

A mind and body that attacks me daily
Has left me relentless
Indefatigable 

Before you pretend to sympathize
Remember how you sculpted me
An indestructible malady
Hanging on till the next chemotherapy

I can sit on this sick bed
Own every word I've ever said
Stay stoned in the fact
That I am more real 
Than you want me to be

I love as I live
Raw and unfiltered
Medicated
Thanks for the inspiration
But please hang your pity
On someone else's tree

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

Merchants Tire and Auto

60