Putrid Petals

The garden is a bewildering place
Flowers gyrating in the breeze all day
What if those blossoms could talk?
What do you think they would say?

Violent Violet whips in the wind
"I'm far to pretty to be trimmed!"
Irritated Iris gives her an elbow
"You're hitting me with your petals you know!"

Pitiful Petunia by the onions cries all day
"No one thinks I'm pretty!" You'd hear her say
Overzealous Zinnia always the cheerleader
"Perk up, ladies! We live under a bird feeder!"

Lusty Lily spreads her petals wide
"Look inside, I have nothing to hide."
Maleficent Marigold's smell is not so sweet
"I can't help it! I have sweaty feet!"

Rapacious Rose is like the Venus fly trap
"I promise my thorns won't leave you handicapped!"
Perky Peony smells the sweetest
"It's simply the truth. I'm no elitist."

Drugged up Daisy frets biting her lips
"I need those bees to bring me a fix!"
Ornery Orchid blooms only once, bitter as a troll
"I got nothing else. That's all you get asshole!"

Beauty on the outside but wicked within
Infested with insects that crawl upon your skin
Bouquets of disgust and dread
Wrapped in braids upon your head

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

Merchants Tire and Auto

60