Supposed to

The love that was supposed to leave my heart a winner
Turned out to taste like a burnt turkey dinner
If I had to eat that my whole life, you'd only see me grow thinner

The school that was supposed to lend my education
Only proved success through socialization
This deviation happening throughout the nation

The drugs that are supposed to make me better
Like summertime wearing a sweater
Insurance and Pharma the aid and abettor

Drugs not supposed to be making me sicker by making me well
Beating myself like a fistfight in hell
Waiting for the final knockout clang of the bell

The bandages that are supposed to cover the sore
Instead rip flesh down to the core
Blood seeps from under the door pooling on the floor

The therapy that is supposed to treat my ailments verily
Still illegal most contrarily
Yet the greenery helps extraordinarily

The life that was supposed to be dark until its demise
Has lightened like the cheery smile of your blue eyes
A heart once fried now contentedly sighs

The path I was supposed to wander down
Had forked to the water leading me to drown
Instead my life's turnaround has brought home the triple crown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

Merchants Tire and Auto

60