Comfortably Depressed

Depression is my home sweet home
My worst emotional syndrome
It is safe and warm in the dark
Snuggled up under cover of night, no spark

Depression is a need
That one must acknowledge to set free
Like a cheating lover that dishonors and lies
Still you want more, desperate, it gets you high

Blissful as a suicide jump
Ignorant as a man named Trump
Depression has no permission
Favoring darkness like a mortician

I was born pink innocent and fresh
Not yet a bruise on this heart's flesh
The gray crept in and before I could stop it
The black pushed me headfirst into it's pit

My color is purple now
Depression has finally taken a bow
It only feeds on what I allow
I starved it and pushed it out somehow

Depression was my friend
But I don't miss that motherfucker
I put it to an end
Don't know where exactly it went
I just know I'll probably see it again


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

Merchants Tire and Auto

60