Puddle of Lies

Our love was a poker game
I got stabbed by the Jack of Hearts
With a Joker's spade
All it did was sharpen my edges

Did you think I needed you? Believed you?
Do anything for me? sure as shit wasn't true

I learned from the worst possible source
That a DICK is more important than any woman
I just thought it would take longer to run its course
We are all only human
Trying to ride full speed on a dead horse

You are a firework fuse, a ship docked to cruise
Waiting for the next high to pop off
Anticipation waits for no bruise
From the beginning we were a cocktail Molotov

There will be no saving of souls here
Instead we are serving so sit down, shut up, and eat
You take from me and I'll take from you
With both our hearts we chew the beat

Tired of giving to people that don't deserve it
At least that's what it looks like from where I sit
Can't you see? I'm a fucking queen
Your all time favorite wet dream

You don't get another chance to have all of my best
I leave you behind in your own mess just like the rest
So as I walk away my head is held high
You can go drown, face down, in your puddle of lies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

Merchants Tire and Auto

60