ME

The only person that will stay forever
with me
is me
Love is a filler word
added at the end of conversations
flippantly
Love is the largest word
that means the least
Love is all show
not tell
I will learn myself as I go
with each day to day
Some days I love me
and sometimes I hate
All relationships are this way
Drama pyramids
A little too much give
Not enough on the take
Each side sees it differently
So which one of us is wrong?
Until someone comes to want me
as much as I want me
Me will remain
with me

My parents will die
My children grow up
No one says they have to like me
or take care of me
or care
Friends burst like the bubbles
blown from a child's wad of gum
They show up
when I die
To give elegies
showing everyone else
how much they loved me
Things never said
to my alive eyes
Dust covered ashes in urns left on mantles
Relics of this word love
Imagine that I am smiling at you
from somewhere up above
The only person that will stay forever
with me
is me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

Merchants Tire and Auto

60