Turn on the dark

The day the dark came on
I was wearing my sunglasses
I tripped over your loaded gun
And busted both our asses

So black we could not see
Hands, body, or face
Each trying to break free 
From our own dismal place

The wicked gloom
Took our breath away
At least that's what I assume
You haven't given any say

We are in the twilight now
Our paths going different roads
The dawn will return somehow
Our insignificance will erode

I want someone to share with me
Not much, just their every day
But from what I see, I'll be sharing with me
Seems I'm the only one to feel this way

I want to be your
Something to look forward to
Your reason, hope, rhyme

I can be your favorite season
Your hat that fits just right
Can I be your only reason
That our twisted minds go blind
Maybe I'll find a guy 
With balls as big as mine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

Merchants Tire and Auto

60