We Are Not Sorry

The only promise I didn't keep
was that I'd cut his dick off if he was to ever cheat
He smelled rotten when I took him off the shelf
Bought him anyway and then wonder why he ruined my health
Did he look at me and think I needed more shit?
Like I had a flame needing unlit?
A bandaid stripped?
Like I wanted more sores seeping through these pores?
More lies to float down his river of denials

A man with a dick, drugs, and a drink is easily persuaded
The poison pickle needs to be stimulated 
But you see, I too have been the cheater
The cheated on
The one doing the cheating
The one for which it was done
I've been the other woman, been the first one, too
I've lied, stolen, vandalized people's lives
I'm not sorry for making any one of them cry
Though the pain it brings is overwhelmingly scary
Each cheat brought me to a place where that word no longer exists
in my vocabulary
I will no longer apologize for other people's mistakes
You fuck up and somehow I end up with sorry on my face

Not anymore. 
I'm not sorry that you couldn't handle me
Not sorry that I'm stronger than you'll ever be
I'm not sorry that the only thing you could seem to do
was make it seem like I'm the crazy one of us two
I'm not sorry I broke my hand shaking hands with the wall
Not sorry I couldn't wrap my head around it all
I'm not sorry that you didn't want me
Like I'm not sorry that I wanted you

A man is a boy is a man
A dick a compass pointing north to the fattest cleavage
Pointing south to the easiest piece of ass
Left to one
Right to another 
Appetite for lust never sees hunger
A man is a boy is a man is a lie
and he, just the same as me,
is not sorry


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

Merchants Tire and Auto

60