Missing Pieces

Do I have to cut off my middle finger
to keep it from saluting so easily?
I can rip out my nails
to rid the feel of them dragging your skin
Should I then just lop off my entire right hand
so I could no longer pen these warped thoughts?
If I just dig out my eyes
will that stop the tears
or the view of the world's decline?
Sawing off these ears
wouldn't stop the voices in my head
Must I remove my tongue
to stop speaking against wrongs?
While I am at it, I'll just scoop out my heart
to stop the ever present ache
Why not just remove my brain
to stop it all?
What is left?
What has not been harvested?
Too much salt in the land for anything
to grow
Too many missing pieces for any hope
to show
One disassembled entity
Disembodied

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

Merchants Tire and Auto

60