Sidewalk Flower

I knew you were rotten when I took you off the shelf
Expired
Tasted your flavor before
This time you got my order wrong
I asked for no lettuce on my taco
You just piled it on
Covering me with distaste
There is no fear in fierce
Making it quite easy to march away
Each step taken drives more steel into this heart
Like a rusty nail delivering tetanus
To a naked appendage
I intimidate men
I am no timid date
Intimidation is the story
Domination wrote the book
I am the quick breath in between the rhymes
Of a rockstar's ballad
A solo verse of brutal truth
Like a flower growing in a sidewalk crack
Radiating through the cement
Waiting patiently for what
Nature rains down upon me
And the heel of a boot to stamp me out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

Merchants Tire and Auto

60