Devil Man

Hey there Devil man
Would you like to dance with me?
Take a wicked chance with me?
Taste a nibble of romance with me?

I can be the next hit or sip
The bottom of your bottle
Your popped pharmaceutical

Devil man send me on a wind
Thinking about thick and thin
Smiles, lies and too many tries
I did it again, I picked a wrong guy

With that vice I can not compete, no one can
Collecting the treasure all for oneself
Polishing porcelain angels placed upon shelves

I bathed myself in his scent
As I gazed upon the pretty bird
Set to devour my eyes out

The mistake was letting you inside
I tried to swim against your tide
Your waves too strong
Hurricane personified

What's funny is that you think I believed you
Never once, not a thing you said
Thanks for the maintenance , the nail, and the screw
You were just a temporary comfort in my bed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

Merchants Tire and Auto

60