The Agony of the Bile

The vile golden bile
Drips from parched lips
As uncontrollable convulsions
Grip the organs between tensed hips

Waves of nausea
Worse than any pain
Drown me in an ocean of agony
If I believed in God, this is where I'd pray

Nothing left to emit
But insides still set to twist
Wrenching at an angry core
Gripped in disease's tight fist

Words can't adequately express
When anxiety's at it's peak
The feeling of ultimate distress
No end in sight, with no relief

Only an opioid induced reprieve
Stops the cycle of my body's self-inflicted pain
With no explanation as to why
My guts turned on me in vain

Until the next time
Nonexistent immunity comes out to play
Leaving me begging for death
Whipping me around like a renegade

Sick forever
The truth of this life for me
With every good day I have
I know that it won't be free

I am possessed by Crohn's Disease
And it's obsession with me
I've choked on the fleeting hope of control
Burned my throat with it's acrid misery



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

Merchants Tire and Auto

60