Obituaries

I like to write the obituaries
Of all the ghosts that haunt my life
It makes their absence brighter
By bringing their deaths to light

J.T. gone in 2003
Ran over my mailbox
And straight into a tree

I lost M.M. August 19, 2000
Her boyfriend died by suicide
She never came back no matter what I tried

J.V. left in 2019
Took a freak paper cut to his sculptor’s wrist
Bled out to the beat of his own music disc

Lost my husband in 2016
Though he didn’t die
Just became a zombie

J.P. from 1995
Drank himself to death
Like his father before and brother who’s next

This last guy I can only assume
Was taken to the Gods on the day of the rapture
The heathens and I left down here most impure

Each time a new one dies
I find less tears to cry
And I wonder how the ones that survive
See me as a ghost through their eyes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

Merchants Tire and Auto

60