Stardust, Smoke, and Cupcakes

We lose everything we love
So why the desperation
When something becomes stardust
In our ego filled nations

People enter our worlds
For both joy and for pain
Never staying too long
Neither one will remain

I’m learning to fake out my mind
No yesterdays or tomorrows
Swim the make believe happiness
In a shallow pool of sorrow

If I have no muse
I’ll amuse myself
Make my own content
Never needing help

I’ll lose my youth
But gain my age
Forget old wounds
Drop the loose rage

Family members will die
Loving friends and pets too
Leaving permanent holes
Genetic matter through

We do what makes us feel alive
Until we are not anymore
When one goes up in puffs of smoke
There is another open door

Eat that ganache cupcake
Fuck whoever you want
The end is no matter
We all end up a haunt


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

Merchants Tire and Auto

60