Braided

Like a can opener
You have ripped yourself open
With each wild twist
Of your wrist
The wound is gaping now
And your lid just dangles

But my neck is the one 
That bleeds
It’s not as if you can just leave

We are braided

Woven together over
The past 19 years

When the man
You had children with
Leaves the country
To sell fruit 
From a cart 
On the side of the road
Instead of staying here with them
It’s hard not to internalize that

I can’t count the amount of times
I have lost myself to you 
I was never any good at math

You will likely never even read this 
But I know you will be lying still
Until you are lying still

Peace will be your death
This is what you chase
All I want is a nap
My only peace is sleep

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

Merchants Tire and Auto

60