60

 Maybe when I’m 60

I won’t care so much

There won’t be this feeling

Of missing human touch

I won’t think about

What might have been

I’ll just be grateful each day

That I wake up again


Maybe when you’re 60

You won’t need to feed your ego

You’ll give up all the lies

And live free to come and go

You will be the one alone 

When you’re done with the chase

It’s a fact that I am sure

You are not willing to face


Maybe when we’re 60

There could be space for you and I 

An option to be together

And a willingness to try

More likely we’ll just be memories 

Thoughts of what could have been

Another time from the past

Before we can remember when


We’ve had lifetimes together

In stories we can’t recall

When I look at you

I can still feel them all

Maybe when I’m 60

The time will match up right

Maybe when we’re 60

We will start our next life


When I’m 60 for sure

I’ll learn to simmer down

Not be such a hellcat of a woman

Mad at everything around

When I get there

Will all this still be a mystery 

I guess I’ll find out

If I make it to 60




Comments

  1. Emotions are strongly expressed in this poetry, some deprivations and some desires are a beautiful combination.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

Merchants Tire and Auto