Unfortunately

Unfortunately I am a poet
I will have whole relationships 
Written inside my head
Without your want or permission

I see the worst at their best
And turn them into poetry
Write whatever it is
That I want them to say

I can bring a tear to your eye
When all you want to do is laugh
Unfortunately I write poems
For people who don’t even read them

A romancer with a pen and paper 
When love is nothing
But a bluff

I don’t have to worry about what may
Fall from my mind to my hand
Because it is all written in truth
There is no deceit in me

I don’t need secret telegrams 
To get my sharpest points across
You ruin your own lives 
Without any of my help

Unfortunately I’m not afraid
To look stupid 
After all I was married once 
My wedding night an epitaph 

And I reign over 
My metaphorical threats
They all end up scared of me
When they should be scared of themselves 

Unfortunately 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

Merchants Tire and Auto

60