123123

The last day of the year always feels reflective and poetic to me. I think of all of the mistakes I have seen, both my own and others. The things that no longer matter. I think of ways I can be better, for myself and for other people in my life.

Moving into 2024, I will not drag anyone kicking and screaming into my new year that does not want to be there. I will not ask anyone to stay in my life. There must be genuine intention to get near me.

I will try to stop making the same mistakes over and over again. How is it possible to meet the same man, over and over again? If anyone hears me speak about another Italian man, lock me the fuck up.

I will stop trying to spray paint demons gold.

On days that I wish I could kick the bitch off my shoulder, my permanently pissed attitude, I will show myself grace. That bitch has saved me more than once and I wouldn’t be this strong without her.

I will not spend any more effort on people that don’t have the capacity to care the way that I do, but I will not hold that against them. Even though I always have to give up before I am ready. Not everyone has the same painful empathy and intuition that I do and that’s ok.

Above all, I will be kinder to myself. I will be more selective and protective of my words. Not everyone deserves to hear them. I need to shut up more often. 

I realize that I will never be anything less than a mess. A thoughtful, kind, caring mess of a woman. I am eager to watch this mess grow in 2024.

Happy New Year🎉🥳




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

Merchants Tire and Auto

60