Color Wheel


I met this man recently
He was a vibrant red
Spicy like Fra Diavolo 
I foolishly still wonder 
Why I was left burnt
Ashed out of his existence 

One time I loved a yellow
A man so bright
I had to squint my eyes
He folded me
Into the most exquisite 
Self assured version of myself

I am the most purple
Of anyone
I have ever known
Royally resilient 
With just a touch
Of violet violence 

Napoli blue
His deceit so true
Abandonment 
Nearly ruined me
The worst example from
The red white and green

Her aura was brown
Plain and nondescript 
My best friend
That left me behind
To deal with all of
Her own shit

Black was the color 
Of his brutal energy 
Dripping of deeds
Done in the dark
A man whose compass
Only points to hell

She’s a green goddess
Planting purposeful seeds 
To cultivate her own beauty
Her flowers transcend 
Bringing patience and peace
To last long after she is gone

At one point or another
I have fumbled
Every color of this world

Maybe I need to find the clear people
The see through and transparent ones
With no invisible impaling swords 

On this Earth full of dull gray 
I guess I’ll keep trying to stir up
And mix new colors








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

Merchants Tire and Auto

60